To help support organizations across NL CSC NL has engaged Regional Network Facilitators. Currently based in the Burin Peninsula, Exploits, Avalon and Western regions.
The community sector plays an enormous role in social and economic progress and well-being in our province; its centrality to economic growth is often unrecognized and certainly not well-understood. A distinguishing feature of the community sector is that its labour market development and paid employment creation is driven by unpaid labour because all nonprofits and social purpose groups are under the domain of organizations which must be governed by volunteer boards of directors. Therefore, in order to strengthen economic growth and advancement, efforts must focus on both the paid and unpaid labour force.
To help support organizations across NL CSC NL has engaged Regional Network Facilitators. Currently based in the Burin Peninsula, Exploits, Avalon and Western regions, Facilitators are currently working in collaboration with nonprofit organizations to identify skills development and labour market issues to advance the nonprofit sector’s capacity for social and economic growth:
· Support knowledge building about the paid and unpaid (volunteer) labour force.
· Identify strategic priorities for attracting and retaining a skilled labour force.
· Strengthen the networks and shared opportunities amongst non-profits, the private and public sectors.
· Organize events and partnering opportunities.
· Identify upskilling priorities for non-profits and arrange training events.
· Increase awareness of the sector through social media and in-person activities.
· Update information on nonprofit organizations across the province.
· Develop and promote other related activities to strengthen the sector